Monday, February 25, 2008

Chipper wants to stay in Atlanta

I always knew I liked Chipper Jones ever since he rocketed to stardom in 1995 ( I know he had seen some time in the Majors before 95, but I admittedly was more of a Dave Justice type of girl) but a quote in the AJC just reminded me why:

"I've always wanted to finish here," he says. "Atlanta is a laid-back town, and I'm not a big-city guy. I know I could probably garner more attention and accumulate more accolades in New York, but that's not me."

It's even better that he mentions New York. My brother always tried to scare the crap out of me saying "I heard a rumor Chipper wants to join the Yankees next year." He hasn't done it and judging from this quote, Howard, he ain't gonna do it! Besides, these days it's very rare for a guy to stay with a team his entire career, and I'm pretty sure Jones has had offers to stray from Atlanta, but it's nice to see he wants to stay. Hopefully, everything works out for him, because I don't know if I'm ready for a Chipperless Braves.
(Quote via Ben Mailer)

It's been fun blogging with you,
Kate

No comments: