Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Double Header

Admittedly, I hit a bit of wall. Between my actual job, my other blog, working on a bridal shower for my future sister in law and life itself, I have been failing to update this blog in the way that I invisioned. Sorry. I can't say that I'll be back posting once or twice a day (the wedding is only 6 weeks away and I see loads of things just popping up for that), but I will try my best to update the blog about three times a week with news, views and scores. So here goes nothing:

The Braves will be engaging in a doubleheader today at Turner Field. The 1 PM/est being a make up from the April 4th (my birthday) rainout game and the 7 PM/est game being the originally scheduled meeting. The early game marks Tom Glavine's first against his old team and as a postponed bday wish, I hope he gets the win! The Braves have been absolute money at home this year and hope to continue that against their NL East rivals. Also it would be nice if Mark Teixeira started to come around, it's May, and frankly I never want to feel like the Pirates have a better first baseman. (No diss to Adam, because he played well while in a Braves uni but come on!)

Here's the pitching match-ups:
Game 1 @ 1:05 PM/est
Mets: John Maine (5-2)
Braves: Tom Glavine (1-1)

Game 2 @ 7:10 PM/est
Mets: Claudio Vargas (0-1)
Braves: Jorge Campillo (0-0)

In other news, John Smoltz's return could come later than expected, Chipper's still batting over .400 and I can't believe I missed this.

It's been fun blogging with you,
Kate

No comments: