Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Vomit! Big Tex a Yankee



Sources have told ESPN’s Buster Onley that Mark Teixeira has signed with the Yankees for more than a whopping $170 million over 8 years. The new addition gives the Yankees the four highest paid players in MLB with Alex Rodriguez, Derek Jeter and CC Sabathia. Even though they are the Yankees, I think this may put the kibosh on the notion Manny Ramirez is heading to the Bronx.

I knew Teixeira would not be a big loser (financially) because he’s just too good of a player, but I was kind of hoping that he’d take his money and play out the rest of his years on a non-contender. Some sort of payback for being so greedy and yes I am still bitter about they way things went down with the Braves. I’ll get over it, after I throw things at him the next Yankee game I attend. Although unless I become Henry Rowengartner, I may have to upgrade the bleacher seats for the occasion. (And yes I am obviously kidding. My aim is not too good, I'd probably end up hitting Robby Cano or heaven forbid the Captiain by accident. My friends would never forgive me if I hit Derek Jeter.)

Now back to the Yankees for a second, the new addition makes things a little crowded. They already traded for Nick Swisher who would take over first base from the revolving door that had populated the position for the last two years. (Shelley Duncan anyone?) But with Tex, they wouldn’t need Swish to play first. So now what? Move him to left? Oh wait, they’ve got a very solid left fielder in Xavier Nady. Plus he’s not really a fan of playing the outfield. I would so love the Braves to pick him up to play first. His batting average was pretty weak last season, but he will still hit you 20-25 homeruns a season and frankly, I would see him as an upgrade to Casey Kotchman. But first let’s get some pitching.

Note: This has yet to hit the Yankee’s website or even the NY Post so the story is far from official. - I wrote too soon, it's made the Yankees website and figures are $180 million over 8 years.
(source)

No comments: