Thursday, January 15, 2009

Where does he find these sweaters?

John Smoltz was back in Atlanta on Wednesday, addressing the media, discussing that the Braves took him for granted and that the deal offered by the Red Sox was a world a part from what the Braves were willing to give him. Blah. Blah. Blah.

I have trouble paying attention to someone when they are wearing such a loud sweater. Not to mention it was almost an exact replica of what he wore to the Celtics game a few nights before. (Photo on the left) Where do you find these things post 1991? And to have it in such pristine condition, wow, you must have a great dry cleaner or you keep everything in moth balls.
I have to say, with the additions of Derek Lowe and Kenshin Kawakami, I am starting to feel a little better about what’s going down in Atlanta. But I will still miss having Smoltzie on the team that’s for sure. However, I will never miss seeing these heinous sweaters again. Hopefully someone can take him shopping while he’s in Boston so he can update his wardrobe. I mean, I know he has potential, check out what he wore to the big press conference on Tuesday:

(Photos: AP)

No comments: