Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Blast From the Past



Admittedly, last night I missed all of the Braves heroics because I was over at Yankee Stadium. (I taped the game, but didn’t set my DVR long enough) The Yanks were taking on the Rangers and it seemed like I was practically at a Braves reunion with all of the former players that were on both rosters. Most notably for Texas was former prime prospect Jarrod Saltalamacchia who was squatting behind the plate. Making things a little more interesting was the fact that Mark Teixeira was over at first base for the Yanks. (Salty along with four others were traded to Texas for Teixeira and Ron Mahay. Matt Harrison and Elvis Andrus are also on the Rangers roster but did not play in yesterday’s game.)

In the end, the Yankees absolutely pummeled the Rangers, 12-3. Salty went 1-for-4, with a single and two strike outs. Teixeira, on the other hand, went 0-for-2 and was hit by a pitch twice by Vincente Padilla.

The only disappointment was that I didn’t get to see Andruw Jones. Even though I’d prefer not to see him in a Braves uniform again, I do enjoy watching him play.
(Photos: AP & PIMC)

No comments: