Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Braves blank Yankees; one down two more to go


Braves 4, Yankees 0

The Braves battered a hapless Yankees team who registered just four hits against rookie phenom Tommy Hanson. But when Hanson wasn’t striking out batters, he was walking them, getting himself into many a jam. In the end, Hanson maintained his composure and held the Yankees scoreless before exiting in the sixth. The Braves relievers continued the feat to close out a Braves victory, their fourth in the last six games.

Providing a shot in the arm, catcher Brian McCann knocked a double in the third that scored Yunel Escobar and then added a solo shot in the eighth that put the game at 4-0.

The win was the Braves first back to back shut-out in over four years.

I have yet to start the mass texting to all of my Yankees friends yet, but if the Braves keep things up, I will be all by my lonesome this weekend after alienating everyone I know with annoying taunts like, so remind me, who won this week? But before I get ahead of myself, I need the Bravos to pull through and I am talking to you Kenshin Kawakami specifically. So let’s go Braves!

News&Notes: Well documented, Bobby Cox leads the Forbes list of most tossesd managers. That’s fine, I’d take Bobby any day of the week over any of those other guys…Speaking of Bobby, Yahoo! Sports has a profile on him here.
(Photo: AP)

No comments: