Monday, March 31, 2008

Braves new unis debut in Washington

On Sunday the Braves debuted their new away alternate uniforms. The new unis steer clear of the old grey assemble and instead feature navy tops with grey bottoms that have red and blue striping on the sides.

I have long been a proponent for away jersey change. It seems too often the away uni is just the home jersey in grey. Yes, some teams have pin striping for their home versions adding a slight difference, but overall it’s almost hard to see a difference. This new road jersey is the perfect accent for the home alternate jerseys which feature red tops with white bottoms.



However I did have one small suggestion. On the front of the jersey I kept thinking that the Atlanta didn’t pop. At first I thought that the "Atlanta" was written in a deep red but upon further review I noticed it was navy. I would have preferred a rich red so the team logo could really stand out.



On the back of the jersey, I would once again prefer the addition of red. I liked that McCann was written in white, but the 16 would have been nicer in red. On TV it looked as if the navy letter had a satin finish, but as you can see in picture it just falls flat. But then again, at least they are not powder blue, which maybe become a hot alternative jersey, if the rumors are true.
(Photos: Drew Hallowell/Getty Images)

It's been fun blogging with you,
Kate

No comments: